Thursday, July 16, 2015

The Speechwriter

One thing I really like about the WSJ are the book reviews. Actually, if you skip over their biased editorials, it's a pretty good newspaper. I have not read the book, "The Speechwriter," but I will, based on the review. I have long had a little or a sick interest in politicians that are stupid, thinking that in the media driven world iin which we live, they can get away with daillances or most anything. Mark Sanders is one of those who tried. Stupid, along with generals I've known. I think what happens with politicians and generals is that they are told so often what they want to hear, they get to believing their own bullshit. And, in Sanders case, they keep electing him. 

I sure as hell am glad I am out of SC. When somebody says, "Don't you live in SC?" I quickly say, "Noway, NC and there is a vast difference to be sure." I also can say, "I just went to school there." 

The voters who put Sanders in are just as dumb, I think. God help us. Will be interesting to see what the author of "The "Speechwriter" has to say. 

No comments: