Sunday, July 12, 2015

GOD BLESS HER ON HER JOURNEY

One of the very difficult things about death is that it is so final. You can't pick up the phone and call or see. They are in fact, gone. When we lose a good friend, it is a note to our own mortality. 
In this case If there has ever been anyone, dealt more bad blows, had to be BECKY JO. Too many to recount. Here are a few. Dad kills her Mom. Goes to live with Her Aunt, the original Cruelly deVille. Married, 2 sons. One commits suicide. 

I am not sure exactly how the "heaven" thing works although I believe in it and I find comfort in the fact that Becky Jo has, in whatever way it works for her, found "peace." Becky Jo, in High School, was the sweetest person. With my capacity to see us as we were, I can picture her at Dunn High in the best ways. 

As we went on to whatever we were doing, most of us lost contact. I was somewhere in the Army, when her son called me about his desire to consider joining the military. We were in contact for weeks. It was a great experience for me. Britt, I think was his name. I lost contact and the next thing I heard, he had taken his life. Depression probably. It was so sad. God bless Becky JO on her journey. 

No comments: