Sunday, July 12, 2015

GO SET A WATCHMAN

If I hear one more comment on Harper Lee, I am going to throw up all over the reviewer. 

For us writers who labor producing our masterpieces, we see the bullshit. It is all about marketing. Let's just face that upfront. We get no interest as Harper Lee and related bullshit sucks the energy out of any real comments. 

 Most bigtime publishers, reduced to about a half dozen, are pretty much about money, I think. The sorry MFers. And to have to deal with Harper Lee's "Go Set A Watchman," which is at best, in my opinion, a mediocre book. Makes me want to have a drink. 

Most of us writers and small publishers grasped the idea that writing is a long way from a level playing field. We just cuss about the unfairness. F..k, we are envious/jealous 

Maybe I am just ticked off and want to know, "Why the f..k did Harper Lee bring down Atticus. He was a hero, a renaissance man. The lawyer that we could like. A principled man. Reminds me of my brother. What the hell, things like racial conversation--we have plenty of resources for that, think Charleston, Baltimore, Ferguson, we didn't need Atticus. I wanted a hero--they are few and far between. We want the old Articus, a man above the crowd. What the f..K. 

No comments: