Sunday, February 22, 2015

THE OSCARS

As for the Oscars, I don't see how "The Imitation Game" can possibly miss. Selma is a close second. It was good but I lived it, smack dab in the middle of it. As a white boy from NC, I know racism. As an aside, It is one of the reasons I've always liked the president. The poor guy has endured racism on every turn even if they call it something else. 

The "gay" thing I can hardly believe. The very idea that the sorts of biases went on are more than appalling. I can hardly believe it. And, even on Dowtyn Abbey, they dealt with the same issue. I am amazed. I am so grateful that we are where we are now, at least facing the prejudices. And, no doubt, we'll hear from the Academy tonight on the subject, even if The Academy is dominated by a bunch of old white men. . 



No comments: