Monday, January 19, 2015

MLK

MLK will always be a hero: he stood up to LBJ and J . Edgar Hoover and spoke out against the Vietnam War. 
RD, former Marine in Vietnam

I just saw "Selma." Powerful movie and always makes me ashamed. I will only say one thing: when I grew up as the youngest son of a poor tobacco tenant farmer, the economic divide was not a lot different than being a slave. 

My Dad was a slight bit of a renaissance man, although in the KKK man.  He was eventually expelled because he refused to participate in the whipping of a black man for no reason. Not to say that he had not participated in others if he felt justified. His view of the Klan in the beginning was that it was a vigilante group designed to keep order. I don't know but I think he always regretted it. 

No comments: